- Freely express concerns and needs;
- Develop and implement plans to improve the quality of life within the community;
- Act in cooperation with Town government and other agencies and organizations in matters for the good of the Town.
Throughout the year, the Forum presents programs with speakers that provide information on topics of importance, interest, or concern. Presentations are generally followed by question and answer sessions.
If you would like to receive the Forum’s email newsletter with meeting announcements, sign up here by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wellfleet Community Forum will sponsor Pre-Town Meeting, an informal discussion of articles on the Wellfleet Annual Town Meeting Warrant, at 7:00 PM on Thursday, April 16 at the Wellfleet library, 55 West Main Street, Wellfleet, Mass.
Town moderator Dan Silverman will preside, and selectmen and other town officials will be on hand to clarify the issues and explain what is being proposed. Pre-Town Meeting helps prepare voters to make informed decisions at Town Meeting, and all Wellfleet voters are encouraged to attend. The Town Meeting Warrant will be mailed to all residents and is currently available on the Town’s web site. (http://www.wellfleet-ma.gov/)
Of the 50 articles on the 2015 Annual Town Meeting warrant, those expected to garner the most interest are articles related to:
- Funding for a voucher system to partially pay the cost of pre-school for-four-year-old children in Wellfleet
- Funding of an additional police officer position
- Borrowing $580,000 to pay for a new fire engine
- Borrowing $540,000 to pay for architectural drawings, bid documents & project management to begin the process of renovating the police station
- A General Bylaw that would prohibit the use of plastic bags except under certain circumstances
- A Petitioned Article proposing several changes to the Noise Bylaw
- Several Zoning Articles amending Home Industry, Service Trades, Signs Bylaws
For weather-related cancellation information check the Forum’s web site
or call 508-514-1753 for a recorded announcement