The Wellfleet Community Forum is a civic organization that provides the people of Wellfleet, Massachusetts an opportunity to:
- Freely express concerns and needs;
- Develop and implement plans to improve the quality of life within the community;
- Act in cooperation with Town government and other agencies and organizations in matters for the good of the Town.
Throughout the year, the Forum presents programs with speakers that provide information on topics of importance, interest, or concern. Presentations are generally followed by question and answer sessions.
If you would like to receive the Forum’s email newsletter with meeting announcements, sign up here by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For weather-related cancellation information check this website or call us at 508 514 1753.
OUR NEXT PROGRAMS
Disaster Preparedness Panel Discussion
The Wellfleet Community Forum is pleased to host a panel discussion on Disaster Preparedness at 7:30 PM on Monday, May 13, 2013, at the Wellfleet Public Library, 55 West Main Street in Wellfleet.
The program was prompted by the natural and man-made disasters we have experienced or witnessed during the past several months. The human and economic toll caused by Hurricane Sandy, destructive winter storms on Cape Cod, and the recent bombing and carnage at the Boston Marathon were alarming. How prepared are we on the Outer Cape to cope with such disasters? How safe are we if the Pilgrim nuclear plant has a major “incident?”
These issues will be addressed by a panel featuring:
- State Senator Dan Wolf,
- State Representative Sarah Peake,
- Wellfleet Police Chief Ron Fisette,
- retired Wellfleet Fire Chief Dan Silverman, and
- Diane Turco of Cape Downwinders, a group of citizens concerned about the threat of death or injury from the use of nuclear energy at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station and other such facilities.
Following the panel discussion, audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions and express concerns.
The Wellfleet Community Forum is a non-partisan civic organization. For additional information about the Forum or this program, visit the Forum web site www.WellfleetForum.org or e-mail email@example.com
Weather-related cancellation information is available on the Forum web site or by calling 508-514-1753.